Highland County Community Action Organization, Inc., OhioMeansJobs office has many self-services, as well as staff-assisted services, available free of charge. Those services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with layoffs, plant or company closures, and unemployment
- Job listings posted in our OhioMeansJobs Center, on our Facebook page and on the OMJ website.
- Information about labor market information.
- Job bank telephone to call prospective employers, register and maintain unemployment, and other employment related calls.
- Computer and Internet access for employment services, as well as access to OhioMeansJobs.com, which provides access to career assessments, resume writing, and other services.
- A list of local supportive services provided by Highland County Community Action, as well as other support programs and agencies such as, Adult Basic Literacy and Education (ABLE), Highland County Job and Family Services, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services representatives for Veterans and Unemployment Compensation, Mature Services, and other partners. These partners can provide information on programs and incentives as well as, GED testing, unemployment, youth services, mature services employment, being a military friendly employer, and more.
- Career and Occupational assessments to better assist customers in determining their present status and how their skills, interests, and abilities may be transferred into another occupation.
- Employers can also post job openings, search resumes and obtain labor market infomration by creating an account at https://employer.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com/EmployerGuidepost.aspx