Bright Farms, a new company in Wilmington, is accepting applications for a Truck Driver. This is an important role in our greenhouse facility. We are seeking someone who fits with our team, can interact with our customers and who works hard and efficiently. This is a third shift role.
We are seeking experienced drivers with forklift driving experience. Must be able to pass a DOT physical, a background check, and have a clean driving record. Responsible for loading, unloading and driving of delivery trucks in a safe manner while following all food safety protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate forklift to load and unload trucks
- Safely operate truck in accordance with all laws
- Ensure accurate record keeping of items loaded and cleaning performed
- Adhere to all current SOP’s , procedures and quality requirements
- Report damaged product, faulty equipment, and possible contamination to the supervisor, SQF Practitioner, or management
- Ability to thrive in high paced environment
- Perform repetitive physical tasks involving considerable bending, stooping and walking
- High regard for personal hygiene and following all food safety protocols
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized truck and perform regular cleaning
- Create a good relationship with customers and vendors
- Help in the greenhouse as needed
- Flexibility with weekend and extended daily hours is mandatory
- Valid Driver’s License (CDL not mandatory)
- Commercial vehicle experience a plus
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a DOT physical
- Ability to fulfill routine logs related to food safety and inspection reports
Working Conditions: Truck/Greenhouse/Warehouse/Coolers. Employees will have frequent exposure to seasonal conditions which may range from extreme heat and humidity in the summer to cold in the winter. Most of the hours will be during the nights and early morning. Will spend the majority of time driving truck and performing the loading and unloading. The noise level of machines and cooling units can be loud.
Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employees are expected to constantly use hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as talk and hear. Loading and unloading trucks requires walking, reaching with hands and arms, as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing. The lifting requirements are occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, often lift up to 25 pounds, and constantly lift up to 10 pounds. The employee should have clear correctable vision at close and distance range, as well as peripheral vision to notice safety hazards.
Interested applicants can contact Lee Muhlen Kamp at firstname.lastname@example.org