Tool & Die is a critical function within R & R Tool. This area is responsible for various cutter grind and tool-making processes that are vital to the services, products, and parts provided.
Primary functions will be to analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make prototype, small run, special project, or engineering work order parts, make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce engineering prototype hardware and or parts from drawings, hand sketches, and verbal descriptions of intended functions.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot for close-tolerance/high-finish production tooling.
- Work to close tolerances, critical angles and surfaces.
- Plan, construct and repair complicated assignments, such as jigs, fixtures, gauges and specialized tools; which may include CNC milling, turning and grinding equipment.
- Sharpen cutters, drills, reamers, and form tools, using various grinders; working from specifications, drawings and sketches, instructions.
- Re-sharpen tools to prescribed standards according to materials to be machined.
- Modify standard cutting tools for special applications.
- Use precision measuring equipment to determine accuracy and specified dimension relationships.
- Work on new experimental cutting tools, while working with production and manufacturing engineering staff personnel.
Qualifications : Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical Skills: create and read advanced blueprints to create specialized tools and molds.
- Attention to Detail: Precision is key. Make sure that models and finished products are free of flaws to the minutest detail.
- Technical Skills:
- CNC experience is preferred in this position and will be developed.
- Requires a basic understanding of materials, metals, heat treatment operations, and tooling design functionality.
- Mechanical Skills: In addition to computer software, use a number of hand tools and large scale machines to finish their products.
- Stamina: Be able to spend long hours on their feet, often bent over in the same position
- Problem Solving: Ability to problem solve is critical both in terms of failure analysis and critical path planning and execution.
- Ability to work on various projects is important while maintaining delivery schedules.
- Ability to manage direction and demands from various areas such as engineering, production, quality, maintenance and other employees.
- Personality: Driven, charismatic, and motivated to learn new skills in different areas.
R&R Tool, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Simple IRA with company match up to 3%
- 7 Paid Holidays
Please apply at http://rrtoolinc.com/careers/