Department: 3rd Floor
Supervisor: Group Leader Finishing
Grade: 3 (based on exp.)
FLSA: Non Exempt
Job Status: Full Time Safety Sensitive Job
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: Sands smooth and clean wood frames and parts preparing for their finishing. Inspects them for defects and remedies such defects that can be corrected. Must insure that all quality and quantity standards are achieved per company standards. Sprays paint, varnishes, sealers, stains, etc. on wood, presswood and like materials with spray gun. Prepares necessary finishing materials and cleans spray gun equipment.
- Moves showcase frames and cabinets from storage area to work area.
- Places each assembly on work bench or floor at bench and inspects. Applies putty where needed. Sands smooth by hand or with air hand sander.
- Delivers assembly to spray area.
- Obtains sealed assembly from storage area, inspects and sand sealer coat as required.
- Delivers sanded assembly to spray area.
- Must mask areas of assemblies as directed.
- Must keep tools in working order.
- Selects, measures and mixes the necessary ingredients to prepare paint, lacquer, varnish or like materials to particular specified color or color tone.
- Selects proper components of spray gun to correctly spray material at hand for adequate and even but not excessive coverage with a minimum of waste or overspray of material and coats surfaces as described.
- Performs seal sanding operation between coatings.
- Patches defective wood parts; touches up and refinishes damaged wood finishes; may use stencils, decals or silk screens for decorative effects or identification.
- Disassembles, cleans and reassembles spray equipment as required, to maintain it in good condition. Maintains spray booth, exhaust fans and related equipment in good operating condition.
- Responsible for quality of finish completed product. Must pass or reject showcases frames after finishing. Must use stains to achieve best match of color between wood parts of dissimilar colors and equalize color on completed units.
- Laminates decorative faces to wood or presdwood cores by spraying adhesive to two surfaces and placing them together so that the laminate lays flat and overlaps all edges. Laminate is then pressed to core to achieve intimate and secure bond.
- Report quantity of parts completed and material usage for each factory order or job order on the appropriate forms.
- Responsible for keeping area clean and orderly.
- Follow company policies, core values and safety/quality procedures and standards.
- Work company assigned hours for the position and additional hours as needed (regular and predictable attendance is required).
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED and proficient in basic math. Vocational training a plus. One to two years of spraying experience preferred.
Knowledge and Competencies: The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are desired:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow through on requests for information and select appropriate responses.
- Ability to comprehend manufacturing drawings.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate (basic computer skills – ability to be trained to use company required software/programs).
- Ability to learn/operate basic use of hand power tools.
- Ability to use and read tape measure and calipers.
- Positive/optimistic – Can do, make things happen attitude (genuinely believe the organization can accomplish a lot).
- Effective team player – sharing information with peers and managers; effectively working with people across departments to accomplish company goals.
- Organizational skills necessary to follow through on requests for information and select appropriate responses.
- Ability to be cross trained and fill in as needed.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (ability to use good judgment when making decisions).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or reach and stand. The employee regularly is required to walk and talk or hear, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a manufacturing production plant environment where the temperature may vary hot or cold. The typical noise level is loud. Exposure to fine wood dust from machining operation, vibration, or airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts.
Applications are available at :
WADDELL Display Cases
512 S. Washington Street
Greenfield, Ohio 45123
Resumes can be emailed to: Charlotte.Kemp@gmicompanies.com