Schedule: Full time
Shift: Variable; normal schedule of a salaried employee (45-50 hours per week); may include evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary
Department: Emergency Department
- Able to provide patient focused care in accordance with all pertinent laws and regulations to the patient population outlined in the department’s scope of services; this will include delegation of job duties in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, adherence to infection control policies and procedures, and providing care in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures
- Assures that care delivered in the department demonstrates consideration of the patient’s rights, physical/developmental/psychosocial/cultural/religious, and on-going healthcare needs
- Hiring, coaching, scheduling and evaluation of emergency department staff (RNs, paramedics, and unit clerks)
- Participation in quality improvement meetings and initiatives
- Budget development and accountability
- Development, revision, and ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures
- Coordinator of emergency department information for reporting to various hospital committees
- Collaboration with other departments to ensure safe and effective patient care methods/processes
- Ensures excellent communication with emergency department staff/providers occurs by utilizing memos, staff meetings, and newsletters
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and/or provides monthly newsletter
- Promotes and monitors staff participation at in-services
- Maintenance of employee files to maintain documentation of competency, disciplinary actions, attendance/payroll information
- Participation in various hospital committees to ensure that safe, timely, professional, competent care is delivered to all patients. This may include customer service initiatives, directors’ meetings, and service line meetings.
- Sets annual goals for the department, then monitors and reports the progress toward meeting them
- Current licensure in state of Ohio as RN.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience, preferably in an emergency department setting
- Certified in BLS/ACLS/PALS
- Excellent skills in the areas of problem solving/critical thinking, prioritization, and customer service
- 3-5 years management experience preferred.
For more information, to apply, or to view additional posted positions at FCMH, please log on to their website: www.fcmh.org