Department: 2nd floor & Aluminum
Supervisor: Production Lead
FLSA: Non Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: Working with finished wood and aluminum, assembles them with glass, plastic, and other components to complete a showcase or cabinet ready for packing.
- Obtain and properly place parts for use in mounting the required type and quantity of showcase.
- Assemble the various parts in the most efficient manner to complete the showcase for packing.
- Accomplish the above and use hand tools such as mallet, screwdriver, power drill and hammer, etc. checking quality and quantity of each before use.
- Responsible for keeping area clean and orderly.
- Follow company policies, core values and safety/quality procedures and standards.
- Work company assigned hours for the position and additional hours if needed (regular and predictable attendance).
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED and proficient in basic math. Vocational training a plus. One to two years of spraying experience preferred.
Knowledge and Competencies: The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are desired:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow through on requests for information and select appropriate responses.
- Ability to comprehend manufacturing drawings.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate (basic computer skills – ability to be trained to use company required software/programs).
- Ability to learn/operate basic use of hand power tools.
- Ability to use and read tape measure and calipers.
- Positive/optimistic – Can do, make things happen attitude (genuinely believe the organization can accomplish a lot).
- Effective team player – sharing information with peers and managers; effectively working with people across departments to accomplish company goals.
- Organizational skills necessary to follow through on requests for information and select appropriate responses.
- Ability to be cross trained and fill in as needed.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (ability to use good judgment when making decisions).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or reach and stand. The employee regularly is required to walk, and talk or hear, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a manufacturing production plant environment where the temperature may vary hot or cold. The typical noise level is loud. Exposure to vibration, fumes or airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts.
Resumes can be emailed to Charlotte.Kemp@gmicompanies.com and applications are available at :
WADDELL Display Cases
512 S. Washington Street
Greenfield, Ohio 45123
Or apply online at www.ohiomeansjobs.com
Keywords – “Waddell”
Location – “45123”